Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2019, 03:36:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,543,518 Members
Latest Member: ColeSturdi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Duplicating Employer account to user account during sign-up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Duplicating Employer account to user account during sign-up  (Read 2338 times)
molski
« on: September 01, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »

Hi everyone,

I have a question and I hope you guys can help me out. I would like for every Employer account that is created, also an user account is created with similar login details (don't ask me why Smiley ).

When an employer signs up, the data is stored into the employers table in the database, when an user signs up, the data is stored into the users table in the database.

When I would disable the option for users to register themself to the website (or simply remove it from a template), users will not be able to register themselves anymore.
Because the users table contains less fields (but similar) to the employers table in the database, would it be easy to not only store the data for created employer accounts in the employers table, but also store this data in the users table, when the field exists offcourse...

After that they will still have to maintain both account seperately via the seperate logins for employer and employee.

I would like to have something like above so employers that signed up on the website would also have an user account with the same login details as the employers account.

If there are other ways to achieve something like this, please let me know Wink

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:13:14 pm by molski » Logged
molski
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:55:48 am »

Hhhmmm, it looks like I'm getting on the right track....this is what I did:

I edited the following files from /myjobs:

1) password.php
2) login_functions.php

In both these files I have edited the "Users" (database field) value in the code to "Employers", simply to check if someone can logon to the Job Seeker section with an Employer account, this works perfect.

Only problem I have now they still have to login seperate (logging into the Employers section does not grant access to the Job Seeker section).

Any way to "really share" the login, so logging in one time (to Employers OR Users section) grants access to both backends?

If this could be achieved, the hardest part for integrating the Employers and Users backend into one big backend shouldn't be that though (right....? Smiley ).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: