Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2020, 06:36:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,680,042 Members
Latest Member: need70poppy
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Things that make you go 'hmmmmmm?" - Navigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things that make you go 'hmmmmmm?" - Navigation  (Read 7680 times)
jackeagles
Jammers

« on: November 12, 2011, 09:38:22 pm »

Hi follks:

I am in the process of launching, however I have come across a bit of a problem.  I created an employer account.  However when I logout and then logged back in, the url in the browser says, http://www.uwujobs.com/employers/index.php/employers/index.php?

Notice the EXTRA '/employers/index.php?' tag.  This of course renders the entire navigation system of the employers page useless. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanking you all in advance,
Jack
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

This looks like a bug. You should file a support ticket.

SECURE your site BEFORE you wish you had! Use plugins by COLOSSAL MIND!
jackeagles
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 11:24:06 pm »

I submitted two(2) support tickets..................no reply  Huh Huh
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:56:59 am »

Hello Jack. I do not think it's a bug.. sounds like the 'Advertiser's folder name' is incorrectly configured in Admin->Main Config. Ensure that it is the default value of 'employers/'.
Also, we need more information about what settings you have modified from the default settings, eg details of your template changes, details of your language changes, etc, so that we can determine what kind of problem it is. The more details the better. Thanks
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:14 am »

It is purely a template related issue, you must editing some settings in template or as adam pointed out employer language settings.
jackeagles
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 04:07:21 pm »

Hi guys:

First of all, thank you for trying to help.

Insofar as changing the configuration,,,,nope, I ain't smart enough for that  Roll Eyes

The only 'thing' I did was upload the blue sea theme and change a few graphics.

The Site (still in raw stage) is at www.uwujobs.com (the admin password is still set at 'ok' if you wanted to have a look at the configuration.  The mock employer account is testone and the password is jackie45.

When I log in as an employer, using the tabs at the top of the page, I get the extra tag problem.  However, if after doing that, I return back to the home page and click on say, the post a job link, the employer page then works fine.  I am completely lost on this one.
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 05:43:12 pm »

Can you send me your config.php file? Just remove your db logins, I think something wrong with ur config.php, your board is suggesting a wrong path for board url.
jackeagles
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Hello (again)

I just sent you the config.php file to your e-mail address.  As I mention several times throughout that email.....thanks.

Jack
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 06:36:17 am »

Your config.php file looks alright, have checked the theme files? please look at.
employer_login.pgp

and in employers folder login_functions.php.
jackeagles
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 04:52:33 am »

Thank you very much for looking at my config file for me.  Insofar as checking the other files, I would not know what I was looking for.

Me thinks that I will delete my current jobs board (wah wah), download the most current version of Jamit and reinstall it.

All in favor, say "I"

Thanks again for your help and input.

Jack

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 09:27:39 am »

Instead of doing that just try default theme and check this happens there also?
jackeagles
Jammers

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 03:00:18 am »

Thanks Imran, I tried that.  No luck.  I did download a the board again, even set up a new DB, same problem. 
I submitted three support tickets even offering to pay the support staff to install it for me,,,,so far no response (it's been two weeks).  Going nuts!

Jack
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 05:59:21 am »

I see the error still there, Can you email me ur ftp details so that I can modify few files and see if it works?

Edit: The Error is not with Jamit, actually it is to do with Server Config.

How ever I have some how fixed a temporary solution for this problem, this should make ur board work now. Just login from your employers account and see what happens.

The Edit I have done is on employer-login-form.php You may copy this to ur new theme if you happen to change the default theme.

I just Checked again the fix is not 100% correct, you need to contact ur host, by then I will see If I can do something.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:28:49 am by Imran » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: