Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 20, 2020, 04:41:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,613,236 Members
Latest Member: Azppxgcl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Error while opening candidates resume.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Error while opening candidates resume.  (Read 9337 times)
shilgupt
Jammers

« on: January 20, 2012, 12:09:57 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I am getting a critical issue. When an employer login to his account and goes to browse candidates resume, click on Candidate's Resume (uploaded in word or other format by candidate), the internal server error and 404 error message is displayed. It is happening while opening resume of any candidate.

To elaborate the further, following are the steps when I get error--

1. Open www.jobsthunder.com
2. Sign in as employer.
3. Click on Browse Resume
4. Click on name of any candidates' resume.
5. Click on link available under "Upload Resume" field.
6. An Internal Server Error as well as 404 error displays.

Kindly provide suggestion, what can be the reason for this error. I am using ver 3.6.12.

Please provide your views on the reason for this error.

Regards,
S. Gupta.

P.S.:
I have posted this issue on jamit support portal, on 02 Jan 2012. I have sent couple of reminders also, but there is no response from Jamit support team so far... Generally, my experience with Jamit support team has been fantastic and getting quick reply. But this time there has been 20 days since I raised this critical issue on support forum, but surprisingly there is no response. Therefore, posting the issue on this forum.

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 07:50:03 am »

IF you provide employer test account I can test and will be able to help you, I'm not going to signup for an employers account.
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:50:01 am »

Hello Imran,

I have set-up a test employer.  User ID-  test, password - test123
This employer has been granted permission  to view any 3 Resumes.  Please log in to www.jobsthunder.com/index.php and test. Please do type "index.php" as well.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
S Gupta

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:12 am »

Cant figure out exactly from this, you have to check error logs, if you are on a Cpanel based hosting, just login to Cpanel and check Error logs and paste the log or mail me the logs of Internal server error, the logs will have detailed information about why this is happening.

Most probably it can be due to file and folder permissions, please check the folder and file permissions are proper for upload folder.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:51:15 am by Imran » Logged
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 08:54:38 am »

Hello Imran,

Below is the extract from cPanel error log when clicking on any resume link.

[Wed Jan 25 02:45:47 2012] [error] [client 122.172.240.187] File does not exist: /home/shilgupt/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.jobsthunder.com/employers/search.php?resume_id=491&offset=
[Wed Jan 25 02:45:47 2012] [error] [client 122.172.240.187] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/shilgupt/public_html/upload_files/dl.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.jobsthunder.com/employers/search.php?resume_id=491&offset=

Also, below is the copy and paste from Internal Server Error page --

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, we[email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache mod_qos/9.69 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.jobsthunder.com Port 80

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

As I said the /home/shilgupt/public_html/upload_files/dl.php is having wrong file permissions, Change the File permission to 0644
Also check the upload folder permissions, see below:

Files in the main directory:

- rss.xml file must be writeable. (chmod 666)
- config.php must be writeable. (chmod 666)
- lang/english.php must be writeable. (chmod 666)

Directories:

- upload_files/docs/ must be writeable. (chmod 777)
- upload_files/docs/temp/ must be writeable. (chmod 777)
- upload_files/images/ must be writeable. (chmod 777)
- upload_files/images/thumbs/ must be writeable. (chmod 777)
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:14 pm »

Thanks Imran.

The problem was indeed with permission to upload_files folder. I changed the same and it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
S. Gupta.

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »

You are welcome,
You may wish to look at the link here: http://www.jobsthunder.com/p.php?p=InfoPages&file=aboutus which is having wrong hyper link url.

Also you don not have any title and meta tags, you should add them for better SEO.
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 05:53:21 am »

Thanks Imran, for pointing towards wrong URL. I have corrected the same.

With regard to your suggestion for adding title and meta tags for better SOW, Can you please let me know few quick ways of doing the same.. Can these be added using Admin panel? Any best practices that you would like to  recommend?

Thanks.

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 09:07:23 am »

The main home Site title, keywords and Meta description can be added from admin - Config.

How ever it looks to me that your index.php is missing something, why don't you check your index.php with default skins and correct it, or compare it the same skin that you but the original un modded one so that you will get an idea if you did something wrong in the template look in index-header.php, as your employers and job seekers folders are having the title..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: