Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:49:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,441,173 Members
Latest Member: lzcxykuuvxc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Where is Adam???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Where is Adam???  (Read 10816 times)
CompuDave
Global Moderator

« on: May 04, 2012, 09:52:02 am »

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from or had a response from Adam lately?
I have been trying to reach him with regards to the much awaited update that was promised but do not get a response to my emails.
I hope that development is still ongoing on Jamit and that something is in the works.

Adam, if you read this please give us an update so we know if there is a light at the end of this very long tunnel or if we are wasting our time ...

A very dissapointed ex fan.
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:37:02 pm »

Same here David
I tried to contact Adam with no success ,as i know Adam now has full time job and it seems he gave up working on JJB .

personally im very disappointed ,im using JJB for almost 4 years .but now Adam stopped supporting his clients.

currently im working on migrating latest JJB version to support UTF-8 and customize it to meet my needs .
i advise and othr jammers to hire local developrs or switch to another platform,sorry adam to say that ,but we have business built on jjb and we need to continue ...

Amjad
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:23:27 am »

Over a period of time JJB will become obsolete, We have to find ways to migrate it to a new platform, though I loved and enjoyed many features of JJB, It is sad that no one is willing to take it forward.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:22 pm »

I posted the same thoughts a while back but Adam removed it and sent me a PM saying he was still working on JJB. I got the impression that he had no intention of dumping it.

I also suggested in that post that if he had no desire to continue maybe he should consider selling it. I think it is a great job board.

dabesa
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:29 pm »

I posted the same thoughts a while back but Adam removed it and sent me a PM saying he was still working on JJB. I got the impression that he had no intention of dumping it.

I also suggested in that post that if he had no desire to continue maybe he should consider selling it. I think it is a great job board.

I agree, it's a great job board and should continue.

I would suggest if people hire developers to implement new features, to check in the forum who else may be interested.
This can be a way to develop more plugins and share the costs.

screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 05:38:17 am »

JJB is a single-developer project which means slow development and no promising future.
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:43:27 am »

https://www.jamit.com.au/support/index.php?_m=news&_a=viewnews&newsid=87&group=default
fujipadam
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

Atleast if Adam releases the current code under opensource we can pool our resources to work on that code. The current code is highly outdated and am afraid will stop working in the next update of mysql or php and I am sure there are security issues too  Sad

Fuji
dabesa
Jammers

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 09:05:23 pm »

So, based on this, is anyone working actively on the opensource code?

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:44:43 am »

Are you??
dabesa
Jammers

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:56 am »

Are you??

No, I'm not.
I just customize things the way I need them, as I suspect others here are doing.

That's the thing: if there's enough interest then we can think of moving to sourceforge.net and start collaborating... I'm not committing to anything, it really depends on how many folks are interested...

On another note, what alternative Job Boards software can we use to match the power of Jamit?

promotionbox.de
Jammers

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

Hi Guys!

I'm very unhappy with the situation of JJB. There is no quality support anymore. Most of you think similar and it's a shame that users must support themselves. For me I'm looking for a new solution with a different software. If I get news with it, I'll inform you and show you my result. My customers are very unhappy because of an old system.

Bye,
Thorsten

---
promotion:box | clever. smart. friendly.
www.promotionbox.de
SecureAspects
Jammers

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 03:37:40 pm »

This is a bit discouraging, but I am hoping with this forum still being up, Adam and his crew are working on a new JJB solution. I have worked with Adam on my Board in the past and have had great help from him. I just do not believe he would drop this project cold turkey leaving all of his customers hanging. I am hoping that he will be heard from soon.
fujipadam
Jammers

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

Adam is working full time on a job - http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=24535417

and he has no crew Smiley  so unfortunately we are left to fend for ourselves Sad  -  if you have adam's contact info you can email him I guess!

Also as the other user suggested let this forum know if you find a good alternative to jamit.

Fuji
jobboardnow
Jammers

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 01:57:17 pm »

What exactly does EOL mean?  Is this site going to vanish?  Are we not going to be able to communicate with other users and developers through this site anymore?  Are all the tutorial documents, videos, plugins going to vanish?  Adam if you are out there, can you give us just a little information please?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:45:38 am by Imran » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: