Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 01:15:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,398,668 Members
Latest Member: SusannaHag
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  The New Jamit 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The New Jamit 4  (Read 32044 times)
SecureAspects
Jammers

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »

The migration is underway and will be complete in a few more weeks, my DB is about 500mb with close to 30k users and so far I think SJB is a very good solution to our problems. Sidney is also very responsive to my questions and needs to get this migration done, even after she has my money Wink. I will do another followup once the migration is complete. So far my experience with Smart Job Board has been spot on and they have done what they said they would.
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 07:10:32 am »

Glad you are getting it done with sjb team, please share your experience after the migration, I have a larger db then yours and I also want to move to SJB before that I will try it myself hopefully if it works well I can save some money over it Smiley
jobraj
Jammers

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2013, 11:20:20 pm »

SecureAspects,

How is your migration going ? Are you dealing with Perception Systems as referred by Smart Job Board?

Please share your experience so it helps everyone here.

Thanks
jobraj
Jammers

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2013, 01:35:48 am »

SecureAspect & Every one,

Please share your experience of migration to Smart Job Board, I know they will refer to precision systems for customization - Can you please share your experience with SJB & Precision Systems ?

Your experience will really help people in my boat.

Thanks a lot for reading this
jobraj
Jammers

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 02:13:36 am »

Is any one using MYSQL 5.5 Version for Jamit ?

It looks like Jamit version 3.4.8 doesn't work, Please share your experience
jobraj
Jammers

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 11:54:55 am »

With MySql 5.5 if you try to edit Forum Fields from Admin it throws MYSQL Errors - Even current Jamit Demo version throws MYSQL errors when you try to edit Forum Fields from Admin (eg: Resume Forum Fields, etc) - Please share your experience
kingmax
Jammers

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »

I dont know if this is the right posting to do it in.. but we give it a shot.

We also would like to migrate our site to SJB or something. On SJB we had a demo account for testing.. They said it was possible to migrate the database.. However we couldnt get it to work.

We hope its possible in the near future to get our database over to another system and/or someone wants to help us with that.
We did not bought SJB yet, because we did not get it to work.. Hope this will change soon.. or that Jamit wil renew.

--== Freddy ==--
SecureAspects
Jammers

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

I DID IT! OK I migrated to smartjobboard and so far its been going really good. The support has been wonderful and their developers seems to be on the ball. I think they got all the kinks worked out with my migration for any future jamit migrations. The main work of the work falls on the user to get everything setup and some fields would not directly translate. The PayPal and authorize.net payment gateways work like a dream. IN the development I just had them do the entire site in ssl and seems to be working well. This migration was nerve racking for me since it is my only source of income but I am very glad I made the transition to smartjobboard. Highly recommended as an alternative replacement to Jamit. If you are gonna do this work with Sidney He or she has been great to work with.
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 06:11:13 am »

How much did they charge for this full migration?
SecureAspects
Jammers

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2013, 02:06:04 am »

I think it was around $600 for basic and then to add all the fields I think another $150. This is not a turn key solution and I have so far about 3 days of 17 hours into getting the payments and resumes sorted for users. One thing to look out for is when the jobs were migrated we had approximately 7000 that were expired, some by 5 years that were active and users applied to them.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:08:30 am by SecureAspects » Logged
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2013, 05:46:08 am »

What is important to import is only the user data, job data can remain in the same directory/suba-domain where it is already, just redirect the users to new platform, so that users who want to signup/login will use SJB login system in new location and old jobs a re still displayed effectively getting google traffic, till new job board slowly gets it self going and becomes active.

This is how I'm planning to do what I want is only migrate the active users not all users.
pipingdesigners
Jammers

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2014, 05:00:25 am »

Hi  SecureAspects,

I've taken a look at your jobs page, and it looks great.

I've pretty much had it with Jamit at this point, it's giving me nothing but issues at the moment, particularly since I switched to a new server.

Now that yours has been running for a few months, how are you finding it on the admin end?
Does it need much upkeep?

Would it be possible to post a quick review of your experience of SJB, from installation -> migration -> current use.
Their site looks good, but I'd like to hear from someone who's gone through the migration aspect of things.

Thanks,

Anton
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »

Hello Guys,

It's been long since this thread was active and I just wanted to catch up with you on the Jamit story. I have recently migrated my good old Jamit site to a new server, still running with jobg8 and producing a small amount every month but now I want to move on and develop a bit. I think Jamit is a good base and it would be great to get a new job board. Is there anyone who is interested?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: