Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 05, 2021, 01:23:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,736,909 Members
Latest Member: FREBER5820
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  Developers
| | |-+  filter job applications
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: filter job applications  (Read 6786 times)
abhishek1711
« on: September 26, 2009, 04:43:57 pm »

we get lot of complaints from recruiters that even freshers apply for openings clearly mentioning 5yrs+ exp or 10yrs experience....

thinking if we can pool in to develop a plugin that helps auto filter applications or puts in some discouragement or barrier Huh
nate994
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 06:32:52 am »

abhishek1711,

I agree that it would be great to have more filtering capabilities within the Application Manager section. I have a couple of ideas:

A) Employers would have the ability to tag and filter the applications with statuses in the recruiting process, such as:

* CV Accepted
* CV Rejected
* Interview Accepted
* Interview Rejected
* etc

(This would start to approach the functionality of full blown recruiting software)

B) Employers would have the ability to filter the columns for Date, Job title, Applicant's name

I think this capability would help reduce clutter in the application manager. Quite simply, I don't think you'll ever eliminate unqualified people from applying, but you can stop them from cluttering your screen a bit Wink

Best regards,
Nathan
Teemii Recruit
paulishere
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

I’ve had two ideas regarding this topic. I know as a recruiter placing an ad on Monster I was overwhelmed by the amount of resumes from people that were not remotely qualified for the position. My ideas;

1.   A 3 strikes and your out rule. If employer(s) report that an applicant is not qualified 3 times they are banished from the site.
2.   I have seen a javascript used elsewhere were the applicant is required to answer some basic questions or swear that he is qualified before applying for the job. I am not sure how effective a solution this is.

Paul
Sergio
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:21:57 pm »

Hi There!

My Suggestions to improve the Application Manager in the employer's section:

- My saved resume option.
- Group applications by job ads.
- Add 'send email' button next to the applicant in the application list.
- Add a 'comment field' next to the applicant in the application list (e.g: to add a comment like 'interviewed' - '1st interview done', etc).
- Users can sort the records by this colum, when clicked.
- Add the same search options from the resume search to the application list.
- etc

It would be great if we can add a 'it is a must' option in the posting form for each requirement.

Sergio.
abhishek1711
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »

absolutely guys, if these are not focuss of next version by adam, can we pool in monies to get basic features done by some expert freelancer?
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:45 pm »

What you guys are talking about is an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) module.
abhishek1711
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:50 am »

yeah that's what is needed to controll this happy go lucky random job applicants!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: