Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2021, 09:48:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,756,989 Members
Latest Member: JanellWilt
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  Developers
| | |-+  some help here i have some questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: some help here i have some questions  (Read 6338 times)
moh3
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:07:31 am »

hello to all may some help here i have some questions:

1- when i add a login form for the employer on the homepage how do i redirect him to main index page of employer ?

2- how would i create a profile page or a list of my employers customers something like a showcase to show off my list of subscribed employers ?

3-is there a documetaion on the framework and functions so i could create new pages with information from the job board ?

4- can i create a complete new form and display it's information on the site, something like custom fields but to create a new functionality i need to create a list of training sources and people could pay online to subscribe is there a way to use the built in payment solutions to combine my training  courses with new subscription plans like add a new subscription type called training and associate it with my list of training courses when clicked the payment form pops ?

i would appreciate your help

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:13:23 am by moh3 » Logged
paulishere
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 05:32:29 pm »

Hi Moh3 and welcome to Jamit.

If you have not done so the first place to start is the Jamit Theme Customization Reference Manual. It does a really good job of outlining where to find the files you need to change for your needs.

Although I am using a Nashon Template, I thought that the original template had an employer log-in from the front page.

Regarding a place to highlight your employers, I can think of two options. There is a plug-in that you can use where employees can search by the company's first letter. Perhaps, it can be modified for your use.

The other option, which is the one I like best, since it allows for additional revenue is to have employer banners on the front page. You would charge employers to be there. OpenX is recommended. I am in the process of trying to incorporate it into my site as we speak.

This leads to your question 4. How to add additional things. It is simple to add new products to the "packages" available. I am with you in how to link them to the new product pages.

A good place to learn more about Jamit is the reference manual as well as the Knowledge Base. I was impressed when I went to ask a question in the Knowledge Baseand it came back with prior postings answering my questions.

Good Luck,
Paul

moh3
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:59:16 pm »

thanks paul well here are some points that i would like to reply about:

the default theme has a login for job seekers i copied the login form from the employers index page but when logging it redirects to the home index page any ideas ?

what is the plug in you were referring to about how to highlight your employers? what i want to is list my employers in a page maybe pull some info from the database using the template tags isn't there a reference to template tags ?

the idea for creating a new package will require a new type of user group called training which would be hooked with the payment module in some way the the Knowledge Base sure has some good stuff i have worked with wordpress and this is the  main reason for me i choose jamit powerful and simple but the problem my coding skills are still mature that why i need some helping hand

anyways thanks hope more people could dig in
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 07:25:08 pm »

Hi Moh3,

the default theme has a login for job seekers i copied the login form from the employers index page but when logging it redirects to the home index page any ideas ?

Can you post the code here so I can help you in the employer login.

what is the plug in you were referring to about how to highlight your employers? what i want to is list my employers in a page maybe pull some info from the database using the template tags isn't there a reference to template tags ?

If I am not wrong, it must be job fair plugin, I dont use it, so not so sure but just try it.

the idea for creating a new package will require a new type of user group called training which would be hooked with the payment module in some way the the Knowledge Base sure has some good stuff i have worked with wordpress and this is the  main reason for me i choose jamit powerful and simple but the problem my coding skills are still mature that why i need some helping hand

Any thing is possible, source is not encrypted and is it in php. May to ask Adam on how to implement the one like to do. He can possibly give you a better way to do it than anyone here in this forum.
moh3
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:43:06 am »

hello here is the code that i copied from the employers pages i'm sure it' somewhere

Code:
<td>
<form name="form1" method="post" target="_top" action="<?php echo JB_BASE_HTTP_PATH.JB_EMPLOYER_FOLDER;?>login.php">
<input type="hidden" name="page" value="<?php if ($_REQUEST[&#39;page&#39;]==&#39;&#39;) $_REQUEST[&#39;page&#39;]=$_SERVER[&#39;PHP_SELF&#39;]; echo jb_escape_html($_REQUEST[&#39;page&#39;]); ?>">
<table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="right" ><span ><?php echo $label["employer_signup_member_id"]; ?>&nbsp;</span></td>
<td><input name="username" type="text" id="username" size="12"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right"  ><span ><?php echo $label["employer_signup_password"]; ?>&nbsp;</span></td>
<td><input name="password" type="password" id="password" size="12"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td align="left">
<input type="submit" class="form_submit_button" name="Submit" value="<?php echo $label["employer_login"];?>">
</td>
</tr>

</table>
</form>
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td colspan=2>
            <a href='employers/forgot.php' title="<?php echo $label["employer_pass_forgotten"]; ?>"><?php echo $label["employer_pass_forgotten"]; ?></a><br>
    <a target="_top" href="<?php echo JB_BASE_HTTP_PATH.JB_CANDIDATE_FOLDER;?>" title="Are you a Job Seeker"><?php echo $label["employer_link_to_jobseeker"];?></a>
</td></tr>
<tr>
<td ><a href="employers/signup.php" title="<?php echo $label["employer_join_now"]; ?>"><?php echo $label["employer_join_now"]; ?></a></td>
</tr>
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »

Here is the working code

<tr>
            <td><center><b><?php echo $label["employer_flogin_emp"];?></b></center>
               <form name="form1" method="post" target="_top" action="employers/login.php">
               <table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                  <tr>
                     <td align="right" ><span ><?php echo $label["employer_signup_member_id"]; ?>&nbsp;</span></td>
                     <td><input name="username" type="text" id="username" size="12"></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                     <td align="right"  ><span ><?php echo $label["employer_signup_password"]; ?>&nbsp;</span></td>
                     <td><input name="password" type="password" id="password" size="12"></td>
                  </tr>
                  <tr>
                     <td></td>
                     <td align="left">
                        <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="<?php echo $label["employer_login"];?>">
                     </td>
                  </tr>

</table>
               </form>
            </td>
         </tr>
         <tr><td colspan=2><a href='employers/forgot.php'><?php echo $label["employer_pass_forgotten"]; ?></a><br>
              <a target="_top" href="<?php echo JB_BASE_HTTP_PATH.JB_CANDIDATE_FOLDER;?>"><?php echo $label["employer_link_to_jobseeker"];?></a>
         </td></tr>
         <tr>
            <td ><center><h3><a href="employers/signup.php"><?php echo $label["employer_join_now"]; ?></a></h3> </center></td>
         </tr>

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:49:57 pm by dotmagic » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: