Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2020, 12:01:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,700,076 Members
Latest Member: MortisExcendy
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Plugins menu disappeared in Admin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Plugins menu disappeared in Admin  (Read 3132 times)
WileyHunter
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:49:59 am »

Angry

OK Folks, so here's the deal.

I have been working on the initial set-up of a new board site. I've gotten quite a bit done on the standard customization (e-mails, logo, some categories, etc.). I went to the Plugins menu option in Admin and it showed the 2 that come with the installation. I fired up my trusty FTP program, made the connection, and uploaded several (practically all) of the other plugins that are available. When I went back into Admin and selected Plugins menu option again, my right frame is now COMPLETELY BLANK!!!  :'(

I've looked in the Admin folder with my FTP and the plugins.php file is still there. Compared it to the file on my local HD and they matched up (so no corrupt file). Tried re-uploading it, and still no dice.

Can anyone help me out? I've searched on here for plugin and found a lot of messages discussing the available ones and such but nothing like this. I've also looked in the knowledge base on the site. I'm really hoping this is not going to require a FULL RESTART of the installation/set-up process.

Thanks in advance
pilot
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:35:56 am »

I would send this description to support, I had a similar problem and a new file solved the problem. it may happen on some servers. Tonight I will have a look at my archives to see what I did to resolve it

The right screen would be completely blank, but only with a certain server configuration and a new file fixed the problem.

WileyHunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:24:23 pm »

Will do Pilot, thanks for the response. Hopefully something simple like that will also help me.
WileyHunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:16:20 am »

Ok, so I had put in a support ticket and got a prompt response from Adam. But before we could really get into looking into this together, I flushed ALL of the files from the plugin folder down the toilet. I then installed each, one a time, and now it seems to be fine.  Roll Eyes It's just one of those things I guess... I don't know how that is different from batch uploading, other than taking longer and more interaction.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: