Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 05:45:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,398,606 Members
Latest Member: AnitraClay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Forgot Password mail is not processed immediately
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Forgot Password mail is not processed immediately  (Read 27454 times)
shilgupt
Jammers

« on: December 09, 2009, 06:28:36 am »

Hi All,

I am facing the issue that when a user clicks on "Forgot Password" link then "Rest Password" mail is not being processed immediately. It is taking more than 1 hour to reach user's inbox, depending on number of mails present in queue.

Yesterday, I received a complaint from one of the customer that even "Successful Signup" mail was received in his inbox after about 2 hours.

It means that not only "Reset Password" but "Successful Signup" mail is also not getting processed immediately.

I understand than all emails sent by the sytem are queued and sent one by one.
I also understand that some emails like "Forgot Password", "Successful Signup" etc are supposed to be send immediately without waiting in queue.

But, emails sent for "Forgot Password" and "Successful Signup" were also queued and getting dispatched when its turn comes, which is taking more than one hour to deliver in customer's inbox. This is making Employers going away from jobboard if in case they forget password, and donot receive Reset Password mail for hours.

Below is the mail settings that I have done in Main Config...

Send emails per batch 25 (enter a number > 0)
On error, retry times before giving up. 5 (recommened: 5)
On error, wait at least minutes before retry. 10 (10 minutes recommended)
Keep sent emails for days. 0 (0 = keep forever)

Please advice if others are also facing the same issue. If there is anything needs to be done in settings, then please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Karlsmith
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 09:25:37 am »

Hey, but I've faced the same problem and my email came quickly. may It is a problem with your mail account. please check it ...
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:26:15 am »

Hi Karlsmith,

I have tried with multiple mail accounts but same issue. I get the mails properly from everywhere else.

The issue is that from my job portal, the mails related to "Forgot Password" does not release from Mails Queue unless all the pending mails in queue are cleared. "Forgot Passwrod" type of mail should be released from Mail Quue on priority basis but that is not happening. Hence, "Forgot Password" type of important mails are also getting released after an hour or so depending on number of mails in queue.

I have raised this issue in Support panel of Jamit. Adam has identified this as bug and has promised to fix the same in coming release. I am waiting for the next release eagerly.

Regards..

lithium
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:47 pm »

Hey,

You haven't got the 'email verification' plugin installed that was kicking around a couple of years ago have you?
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04:17 am »

Forgot password mail is placed in to the queue immediatelly. All emails in Jamit need to be placed on a queue before being sent to the mail server. The queue is needed increase reliability. You will need to setup a cron job so that the queue is processed more frequently than one hour. See Admin->Cron Info for more details. Note that email delivery time is also dependent on your mail server and the recipient's mail server.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: