Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2019, 04:13:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,543,526 Members
Latest Member: OuidaLavar
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  jamit seo - google rankings?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: jamit seo - google rankings?  (Read 4903 times)
abhishek1711
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:58:37 am »

I am amazed why google doesnt seem to like jamit

www.MAWJobs.com still doesnt rank even in 1st page for the main keyword - digital media jobs in india http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1R2GGLL_enIN350&q=digital+media+jobs+in+india&meta=&aq=f&oq=

any suggestions ?
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:18 pm »

Hi,
It depends on what keywords you use, my site not only appears in the first page but also on top of other pages in the first page for a specific keywords in my language (Arabic).

Tips :
1-i used the who is online tool in the admin panel to analyze the search queries so i got an excellent keywords about  what key words visitors search for when look for jobs in Palestine.
2- include these keywords in the site description and site keywords in the main config

3- after getteing these keywords,i start posting a few sentence on facebook.com, local forums,local universities,regional directories local universities websites,wikis,blogs  about jobs.ps using these keywords.
4- also,i spent much time on submitting jobs.ps for search engines.
5-publish articles on specialized blogs related to jobs and sign it with your website address
6-im currently testing MetaKey words,and Meta Description plugin from Nasthon,till now i got very good results on search engines
7-I advice you to be more localized in your keywords
8-to be identified by search engines you need to work hardly and it takes long time to get the results you want

By the way,google has enhanced its algorithms so its now faster and returns more related results

jobs.ps is close from its first year age and its ranke on google page rank is 3/10 and on alexa it was 90 in Palestine and now its 147 but tis ok for me as most visitors in Palestine dont use alexa toolbar

wish you the best,
Amjad

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:51:46 pm by Amjad » Logged
abhishek1711
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:58:06 pm »

Hi Amjad,

thanks for taking out time to reply

i do have metakeyword and description enabled bt didnt help much

how does the who is online tool help identify keywords ? it shows if som1 came from google bt doesnt show which keywords they searched for?

am only talking abt google here - msn/yahoo rank my jamit sites very well - google doesnt seem to even after 6moths and seo optimisations (basic ones)

generally a wordpress site would rank much better much more easily on google - jamit i have observed isnt very google friendly somehow

i run 3 job boards based on jamit so this is just my observation....

i saw you dont have mod-rewrite enabled - i have tht enabled and i doubt if google reads double links for same page and maybe thts why rankings are punished
RichardC
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:10 pm »

Does anyone else have experience of how well Jamit sites rank in Google?

I'm considering purchasing Jamit - I've been doing some googling and I found one other report about Jamit not ranking well in Google. That was posted a few years ago though and it was at the same place as another report that had been suggested to be 'fake' / spurious. So I thought it's probably ok.

But I see someone here has the experience of it not ranking well. Google rank is important for my site, so I'm interested in hearing of other people's experiences... any thoughts?

steve
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »

Ranks well for me.
attrell
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:17 am »

The code is not perfect, but for me, it still does well because I do everything else right. I think the only ones that do not do well are sites with little links, jobs and in crowded markets. 8.5 out 10 is how I would rate it. Better then all the other scripts out there for sure.
mensu
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »

To be honests, jamit board ranks horrible in google.. Hope there will be much more attention from developer for it in the next releases..
steve
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 03:12:05 am »

My Jamit sites rank very well for their keywords.

The number one boost to any site in the search engines are quality back links. If you don't have those, then you will not rank well no matter what.

Check out your competition. Does your competition have better quality back links?

promotionbox.de
Jammers

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:41 pm »

Hi everybody!

Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK7IPbnmvVU

Didn't know that?

See the result in Germany for 'sattes honorar' on google.com
http://www.google.com/search?hl=de&q=sattes+honorar&btnG=Suche&lr=&aq=f&oq=

My Job Post should placed on position 3 of 22,400 on google.com

---
promotion:box | clever. smart. friendly.
www.promotionbox.de
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: