Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 03:42:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,447,811 Members
Latest Member: shadowborder60
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  Advertise your Services
| | |-+  Advanced Newsletter Plugin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Advanced Newsletter Plugin  (Read 16008 times)
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« on: March 20, 2010, 07:57:04 pm »

Hi all,

I am glad to introduce a new plugin to the Jamit Job board "Advanced Newsletter Plugin"

This plugin is developed and tested for JJB 3.5.X and it works fine.

Since 3.6 is not officially ready I am not able to test it or develop it based on 3.6.
But believe it to support 3.6 as per changes specified by Adam.

This plugin will not be for sale till its tested with a stable JJB 3.6 version.

I look for "1" Jamit job boarder to test this plugin for me in their live job board. In return, I am glad to provide this plugin free of cost for the domain he or she is testing it.

I have already tested in 2 live job boards but look for an external feedback before I start selling it.

Already version 1.1 of this plugin is up and is under testing. The version you will be testing will be version 1.0 to be on safe side.

Features of Advanced Newsletter plugin

1) You can send both Text and fancy HTML Newsletters.
2) Ability to create, edit and save a lot of newsletters and schedule a date to send them automatically.
3) Ability to archive newsletters.
4) You can send newsletters to all users or send it only to subscribers or non subscribers or both and so on.
5) Preview newsletters before you send
and more

This Plugin already has a lot of proposed enhancements in pipeline and it will be done slowly based on the feedbacks and the requirements.

Thanks,
BV.
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:58:55 pm »

Hi Dotmagic,
Glad to hear that u developed it.im interested in testing it in live site,i send more than 13,000 emails everyday using newsletter on my jobboard.

CAN WE PROCEED WITH TESTING IT?

Amjad
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:26:40 am »

Hi Amjad,

I am glad to proceed testing with you.

Just like to clarify something from what you said, Do you create and send new Newsletters to your users everyday using the newsletter system in JJB admin? or you mean to say the automated email alerts that go out of your job board?

I hope newsletter is not mistaken with the automated email send by the system. Both are different.

Thanks,
BV.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:26:01 am by dotmagic » Logged
Sergio
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:26:32 am »

Hi Dotmatic,

Congratulations!

Two questions:

1 - Does the Newsletter Plugin only send to those who agreed to receive a newsletter?
   2 - Does the Plugin allow you to filter to whom you will send the newsletter (eh: specific city, etc)?

Regards, Sergio.
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 06:36:15 am »

Thanks Sergio,

1 - Does the Newsletter Plugin only send to those who agreed to receive a newsletter?

As of now it comes with 4 options

1) Only to Subscribers who accept to receive newsletters
2) Only to Subscribers who rejected to receive newsletters
3) To all users
4) To subscribers accepted and to those who did not confirm subscription.

2 - Does the Plugin allow you to filter to whom you will send the newsletter (eh: specific city, etc)?

As of now, filter for sending newsletters to employers/ job seekers and subscription filter is present.

But have plans to improve more filter (like specific city) in future by tracking its performance and feedback.
I dont gaurentee this specific option till it comes in reality and works fine in my test environment.

Thanks,
BV.
CompuDave
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:20:42 pm »

This sounds awesome - how is the testing going? When do you expect to release it and what will you be charging?
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:47 am »

This really sounds awesome, do you need more testers?  Tongue

Can't wait to see it. Can we filter for additional columns in the database? For example I have multilingual JB so I need to filter which newsletter send to which language speakers.

Thanks.

szabcsee
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:46 pm »

Hi all,

It has been a long time I announced the Advanced newsletter plugin and could not release it with out testing with a 3.6 stable version.

Now all the testing is done and its set to work for users with 3.5.6 and 3.6.1 versions.

I have 3 versions of the plugin for release,

Advanced Newsletter - Lite
Advanced newsletter - Pro (This version will be out soon, testing it and adding more features)
Adavnced Newsletter - custom

1) Advanced newsletter - Lite

This version comes with limited features that is sufficient for a normal job boarder to use and send TEXT and HTML newsletters with all the options I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

2) Advanced Newsletter - Pro

This version has enhanced features that gives you statistics and more options to select while sending text and HTML newsletters

3) Advanced Newsletter - Custom

This version will be custom made for users who wanted specific select options like, select users from one particular location or select specific tye of users to send newsletters and so on, it will be custom made on requirement.

Price for the 3 versions:

Advanced Newsletter - lite   ::::::::::::$30
Advanced newsletter - Pro  :::::::::::: $50
Advanced Newsletter - Custom  ::::: Price Depends on requirement

Advanced newsletter - Lite should be an ideal option for majority of JJB users. It has most of the features that one require for sending newsletters.

Advanced Newsletter -Pro is for well advanced users of JJB script who look business so serious in and out every second.

Advanced newsletter - custom is for extreme users.

You can buy Advanced newsletter -Lite, use it and if needed you can upgrade it any time you feel to have an advanced option for sending newsletters.

During Upgrade in versions just pay the difference later and get it upgraded.

Because I have 3 different versions and upgrade option to make it easier for the users, I am not able to do this plugin sale in the market place like this. Market place will get my other plugins later.

So any user who like to buy this plugin can contact me directly and get it.

@Amjad :  I wanted to test the plugin with default settings that suits to all users of JJB but you had a custom requirement during testing that newsletter has to be send with content from right to left. I tried my best for almost 2 months time to sit and do it for you but found no time to do it. Then again, I may have to look for another regular user to test the usual version. So I had to drop the proposal of testing my plugin with your website.

As of now I have set in such a way it takes default setting from the system and send the newsletter so hope it will work for you as well from right to left, I did not get a chance to test it, I dont have a system like that.

Regards,
BV
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 02:04:37 pm by dotmagic » Logged
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:01:35 pm »

This really sounds awesome, do you need more testers?  Tongue

Can't wait to see it. Can we filter for additional columns in the database? For example I have multilingual JB so I need to filter which newsletter send to which language speakers.

Thanks.

szabcsee

Hi,

Multilingual option is in the Pro version.

Additional columns in the database may change from user to user depending on the custom fields they add in their website, I could not give a standard plugin that will be in sink for all job boards, so I have the custom version that you can get a custom newsleter plugin done based on your needs.

Thanks,
BV.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:37:11 am »

Sounds like a great Plugin.

Based on your description I'm not sure which one I need.

Can we get a detailed listing of all the features in the 'Lite' version and a list of additional features in the 'Pro' version? The custom version is for "extreme" users??? I don't know if I'm an extreme user. What will it do?

I'm ready to buy, I just don't know which one.

Thanks
Steve
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 08:40:24 am »

Yes some screenshot and a detailed listing would be great. A product page maybe. It sounds great to send newsletters from the admin just so comfortable. Currently I use external newsletter service (Mailchimp - http://eepurl.com/GcYh) and it is a hassle to do imports - exports.
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 09:18:02 am »

Sounds like a great Plugin.

Based on your description I'm not sure which one I need.

Can we get a detailed listing of all the features in the 'Lite' version and a list of additional features in the 'Pro' version? The custom version is for "extreme" users??? I don't know if I'm an extreme user. What will it do?

I'm ready to buy, I just don't know which one.

Thanks
Steve

Well Steve,

Thanks for raising a valid concern on what version I should get for my need? where do I fit in?

I would always suggest to go from the basic version. Use it and if you really feel you need more feature, upgrade it to Pro later on.

Just pay the difference and get it upgraded later on. I am flexible in it.

If you like to test drive live, plzz PM me I can set up  a link for you.

In Pro version, I am currently adding more features and make it more enhanced. So, only the lite version is what I can give for now.

Yes some screenshot and a detailed listing would be great. A product page maybe. It sounds great to send newsletters from the admin just so comfortable. Currently I use external newsletter service (Mailchimp - http://eepurl.com/GcYh) and it is a hassle to do imports - exports.

Using external newsletter service is good but you have to pay a lot for maintenance and also export and import list as you said.

Those services are generalised onces and they are doing it for long time. This one is developed on my requirements and making it pubic for other users. So I dont want to compare this one with their services. But this one has all the required features for now.

Slow and steady developments will come up later that will suite all users.

All future development and enhancements will be done based on the requirements and feedback you guys give.

Thanks,
BV.
wclang
Jammers

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 04:18:31 am »

Has there been an update to this?

I would be interested in using a Newsletter plugin thats built into my job board. As of now I use a free third party tool to do my mass mailings in HTML, but I would prefer to do it from within the job board.

Thanks,

-wclang
Banenpak
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 04:49:38 am »

Hi Dotmagic,

Glad to hear, that u developed it.

Thanks.

John de Vries
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 03:35:59 pm »

How can one see the demo if it before one decides to buy..
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: