Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2020, 12:50:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,689,822 Members
Latest Member: bakery1tax
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Jamit is now free???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jamit is now free???  (Read 3824 times)
darkstaruk
Jammers

« on: March 21, 2010, 09:15:23 pm »

hi adam,

was just wondering why you posted the beta release on a public page?   

anyone can click on https://www.jamit.com.au/support/   and see the link for the beta release and download the zip file ............. 

surely this should be in the 'members download area' ........    otherwise it just seems like i wasted a whole lot of money on something i could have got for free, right??? Lips sealed  or is there something i've missed?

please remove the public zip file link and put it in the members download section Wink
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 02:46:30 am »

Its a beta version the license for which expires on May 1, 2010.
darkstaruk
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:35:34 am »

and?

you dont think this will stop people downloading it, modifying it, using it?

at the end of the day, it simply feels like a loss of $199, beta release or not, as we all know, people 'are' going to use this beta release, because not many people care about licenses and laws these days

do the right thing, and for we who have paid $199, please place the link in the members section
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:40:32 pm »

You are right - people use software without any regard for license terms. Especially, when Jamit is in AU, it is hard to enforce their copyrights outside their country. Unfortunately, copyrights are not international and do not cover outside a country. Copyrights are violated even inside the same country where the software originated. I have come across a plenty of software that is being used without purchasing a license even in the USA. I have noticed a lot of Jamit sites popup on the internet in the last 10 days ever since the beta was placed on the public-facing site. Maybe, they will never buy the software - just download the lastest beta version and apply their own fixes to it - it is just a script, not a binary file or encrypted file. Or maybe, they will be able to make some quick money and then be able to buy the software.
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »

In the USA, I have seen people use unlicensed software and use an off-shore hosting provider to work around the copyright laws - the copyright holder cannot have the site banned by the hosting provider because they are located outside the country and do not comply with US Copyright Laws.
dare2audition
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:20 am »

I would rather have a licensed version at double the cost than a beta.  The cost of this software is nothing in the scheme of things and if you are a corporate site or are actually a live money making business online - who cares, its tax deductible.  plus if you have any problems you cant come back to the developer, if you stole the software of them?? and ask for help.  Not worth it, not for such a small fee anyway.If it was $5000 like some job board scripts then I could understand some unscrupulous people stealing from the developer but at $199 Karma wont allow them to find any success anyway.

I run my business on honesty and integrity and due to that I have worked my way to the top of our industry, found a much needed service and niche. I didn't even know what cut copy and paste was 3 years ago and can now optimize my site to come up at the #1 position for nearly all my search terms and run a very busy content management system without an IT person.  It has succeeded due to honest business principals, believe me it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: