Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 01:41:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,463,652 Members
Latest Member: TraceyBurd
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  Plugins
| | |-+  SQUEEZZIT (speed up page download)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: SQUEEZZIT (speed up page download)  (Read 9503 times)
Peter
Administrator

« on: June 03, 2010, 09:41:41 pm »

SQUEEZZIT plugin has just been released and is available on Market!

SQUEEZZIT reduces used bandwidth as well as page download time by minifying, compressing and caching JavaScript files and CSS style sheets. Compressed files are cached on server for even faster performance. Additionally, smart caching method is employed to eliminate unneccessary download of files if identical file exist in the cache of user's browser.

This plugin will work only on Apache servers and should be used only if you have no other way (NGINX) to minify and compress JavaScript and CSS files. This plugin requires you to manually modify your .htaccess file (during installation).

Detailed instructions on how to modify .htaccess file are included. This plugin has functions which check whether installation was successful. Overall, the installation process is quite easy and fast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
before optimization   minified   minified+compressed   reduction factor
JavaScript 11.6kB       7.5kB          2.5kB           smaller by 79%
CSS        21.4kB      17.9kB          3.8kB           smaller by 83%

The Firefox browser has a useful addon called YSlow (by Yahoo!). You can use YSlow to analyze the performance of your site, even verify and measure the savings gained by SQUEEZZIT plugin.

Latest version ...... 1.01 as of 2010-06-09
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:35:12 pm by Peter » Logged

SECURE your site BEFORE you wish you had! Use plugins by COLOSSAL MIND!
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:55:15 am »

Thanks Peter,great plugin ...this will help improve SEO and page rank as google starts considers page load spead as a factor
wclang
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 07:06:46 pm »

This plugin is awesome Smiley

Thanks again for a great Plugin Peter...

-wclang
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 02:42:58 am »

The plugin SQUEEZZIT has been updated to version 1.06 and is available at Jamit Market website http://market.jamit.com/.

New in version 1.05 and 1.06:

Added header 'Vary: Accept-Encoding' to improve behavior with caching proxies. (2010-11-18)
Fixed small cosmetic bug where plugin was saying 'ACTION REQUIRED'. (2010-11-18)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:30:20 am by Peter » Logged

steve
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:57:41 am »

I followed the instructions and it seemed to work fine. When I tried to reload the page it gave me an error that said .../tinydropdown.js didn't exist.

When I hit "ok" it would load the page successfully. I'm using 3.6.6 with a nasthon theme.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:19:07 am »

I followed the instructions and it seemed to work fine. When I tried to reload the page it gave me an error that said .../tinydropdown.js didn't exist.

That's awesome, isn't it!!!

The plugin had found that you have a missing file (broken link)!!! It means that the page calls for JavaScript file (of that name) and it wasn't found. To fix that, you need to either upload the missing file to the appropriate location, or remove the broken link. (Is there a bug in the template you are using?)

steve
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »

LOL... it never occured to me that the file might actually be missing. I figured that the plugin may have a bug. I'll check it out.

Thanks
Steve
steve
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 11:13:55 pm »

So... I went to find that file and upload it and I find that the file doesn't exist. The actual path that squeezit gives is as follows: .../nasthon1007/js/tinydropdown.js. I can't find the file anywhere so I don't know why squeezit is trying to find it.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:25:31 am »

So... I went to find that file and upload it and I find that the file doesn't exist. The actual path that squeezit gives is as follows: .../nasthon1007/js/tinydropdown.js. I can't find the file anywhere so I don't know why squeezit is trying to find it.

... because Nasthon forgot to include the file or mistakenly put the link into the theme. SQUEEZZIT is trying to find it because your HTML is calling for that file to be loaded. Obviously, this is NOT an error on my part.

You may remove the link from the Nasthon theme yourself and/or ask Vince why the JS file is missing.

steve
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 01:56:49 am »

I didn't think it was your plugin. I was simply wondering why squeezit was asking for it. I can only guess it is asking because there is some reference to it somewhere in the theme. I've already gone through some of the files looking for the reference but I haven't found any, yet. Any idea what file it might be in?

BTW, thanks for sending me the update.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 02:37:37 am »

This is a feature in SQUEEZZIT plugin that it will tell you if a file that is being called for doesn't exist. (I guess I could make this feature optional in the plugin.) But it is a good feature, because it tellsyou that you have ERROR 404. As any error, this is being logged in your server log. If your website has heavy traffic, you could possibly fill up the log to such a size that your server disk space would be full to the limit and your site would stop working.

Besides, having such errors also slows down your server.

I suggest that you contact Vince from Nasthon and ask him to resolve his bug.

Best wishes!

wclang
Jammers

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 04:44:28 am »

Hi Peter,

I think I found another bug, and it relates to my problem that I posted here:  http://forum.jamit.com/index.php?topic=655.0

Can you look into it and let me know your thoughts?  Because once I disabled Squeezzit everything started working correctly in IE8.

Thanks,

Bill
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 04:53:44 am »

Oh, I see. I don't use IE at all. I only use Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

OK, let me look at it using IE.

Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 07:40:25 am »

Hi, Can Squeezzit have another feature to minify HTML? Html minify for job display this will save lot of bandwidth and increase the pagespeed. Since Jamit has lot of spaces in the Job display and List pages, it will be good if Squeezzit can handle this.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 01:26:25 am »

Hi, Can Squeezzit have another feature to minify HTML? Html minify for job display this will save lot of bandwidth and increase the pagespeed. Since Jamit has lot of spaces in the Job display and List pages, it will be good if Squeezzit can handle this.

Thanks for the request, Imran.

I believe that what you want cannot be done with Squeezzit. However, there is another way, which I am investigating now.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: