Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 05:40:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,398,606 Members
Latest Member: AnitraClay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  General Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Is anyone really making good bucks from job board?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is anyone really making good bucks from job board?  (Read 32745 times)
shilgupt
Jammers

« on: June 10, 2010, 10:27:22 am »

Just a curiosity.  Is anyone realy able to make good money for living by his job board?

I have read many surveys and most of the people gave different reasons to run job board, but I am yet to see some one who is really making a good living from his job board!. (The big giants like monster are exceptional)

I would like people to share their experience on this. Would love to hear some success stories!

dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:10:23 pm »

Well, its very nice to see this SUCCESS Stories thread started by Shilgupt.

Great Job, much appreciated.

I am not in the race to make fortune with a $199 script,  nice to imagine but have to work a lot.

I just use this in one my businesses. Inter linked many business to bring a unique path to make my living.

You can make good money from job boards but it purely depends on how dedicated we work and how well we utilise the resource.
CompuDave
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:17 pm »

Running a job board is definitely not a quick way to make bucks. It is a very competitive industry and there are some big players to contend with.

I suppose the competition will vary from country to country. Either way it will take dedication and plenty of time to break in and become competitive. I have been going for 2 years now and eventually I feel like I am getting somewhere. I am not getting rich but at least the board is now paying for itself. My target is to double what I am currently making by the end of this year.

My suggestion is to research your local job industry and select a niche to concentrate on. Running a general purpose board will make it more difficult to succeed.
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:44:55 am »

I agree with David,many factors play an important rule in this like: your niche market,# of visits,competition,employment model....etc

moreover,are you dedicated for your job board? how long your site is live?.......
In general the easiest way to generate revenue  is to use google adsense

Peter
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:47 pm »

....I am not in the race to make fortune with a $199 script...

Firstly, I want to say that it doesn't matter what the price tag is. There are a lot of factors that determine your success with Job Board. Jamit Job Board is a good product and is capable of doing some amazing things. In fact, Jamit Job Board's code is better than that of some big established job sites!

The biggest issue that I see is the existence of some well established brands (monster.com, for example). This makes life a bit more difficult, but not impossible.

One way to succeed is by serving to niche job markets, something that the big brands cannot do. Most of you, customers of Jamit, are already doing that.

And yes, Google Adsense can be a significant source of revenue from running a Jamit Job Board.

As for my personal "success story", my site is too new, but my hopes and enthusiasm are very high!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:38:39 am by Peter » Logged

SECURE your site BEFORE you wish you had! Use plugins by COLOSSAL MIND!
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 02:38:42 pm »

....I am not in the race to make fortune with a $199 script...

Firstly, I want to say that it doesn't matter what the price tag is. There are a lot of factors that determine your success with Job Board. Jamit Job Board is a good product and is capable of doing some amazing things. In fact, Jamit Job Board's code is better than that of some big established job sites!

Well price does not matter a lot but this price populated many unprofessional job boards in the market that does not serve the purpose effectively. Those job boards dont live longer...

All for good, this actually helped bring many good job boards as well.

I do use Jamit purely for the best coding and nice architecture.. This is something I remember mention in one of my posts in this same forum some where.

As for my personal "success story", my site is too new, but my hopes and enthusiasm are very high!

I use JJB only for the past 3 yrs but I do run job boards for the past 9 yrs. Others do well just because its established and lot of work is done implementing many custom work and ideas in it.

Only age, dedication and uniqueness for a job boards matter a lot. I would say not to expect results overnight.

Long way but its good and nice to travel
steve
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 01:28:16 am »

when I read the original post by Shilgupt I thought GOOD LUCK on getting an answer. I was right. Every time this question is asked whether on this board or affiliate boards or whatever board, the answers are all the same... EMPTY. Not one person answered the question. The question wasn't 'how does a person succeed with a job board?' The question is "Is anyone really able to make good money for living by his job board?" -or- as I read it: 'Is anyone (on here) really making a living with their job board?' usually when they ask that question (I believe) they are looking for something along the lines of 'yes, I made $6000 last month' or something specific that they can sink their teeth into. Well, here is my answer....

I don't know of anyone who makes a living with their job board. I made about $200 last month with my job boards. I wouldn't call that a success. To me it is a hobby that could turn into a livable income.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37:13 am »

.... the answers are all the same... EMPTY. ... I made about $200 last month with my job boards. I wouldn't call that a success. ....

My answer was not empty. I said "I am new." That means that I am not making any money yet.

$200 per month would be a nice income for me.

ALSO, not everyone wants to use JJB for making money. For example, a large company could use JJB to recruit new employees. Making money or not making money is not indicative whether JJB is good or bad product. As someone said earlier: "An excellent tool is not a guarantee of success. What matters is how skilled is the worker that uses it."

Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 09:26:43 am »

Ok steve,here is my answer :
Starting from the last month i do make steady income $800 ,this amount is a minimum which means it can be much...

For the JJB script its really very good ,and the support adam provides its amazing also this community i like it, it  became part of my life

Thanks to Adam,Vince from nasthon,and you guys.....

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:49:47 am by Amjad » Logged
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »

But why is no one providing links to their live sites? It would not nice...
steve
Jammers

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:16 pm »

I think you took me a little too seriously.  Grin When I said empty I meant it really didn't address the question.

2nd, if you don't want to use JJB to make money then the question wasn't directed at you. I think Jamit is a superb product. I'm working on another job board that I'm going to launch in the next week or two. Yes, it is a Jamit Job board.

Why don't people want to post their job sites??? Cause it is smart to keep your site a secret. There are those out there who would love to steal a successful idea. If I posted that I had a job board that did well and it was in plumbing business... others might want a piece of that business. So, I recommend keeping your sites secret.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:18:11 pm »

@Amjad: This is fantastic! Your work is actually doing something good for the community and I think this matters much more than making money.

One's greed can be harmful to oneself, but is always harmful to others.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:40:31 am by Peter » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: