Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2018, 08:46:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,414,899 Members
Latest Member: trout7bike
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  Plugins
| | |-+  ADSENSE MANAGER (inserts Google Adsense and Analytics code, FAVICON)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: ADSENSE MANAGER (inserts Google Adsense and Analytics code, FAVICON)  (Read 16328 times)
Peter
Administrator

« on: June 15, 2010, 10:18:37 am »

New plugin is out!

It inserts your Google Adsense code, Google Analytics code and FAVICON into your pages.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:31:34 pm by Peter » Logged

SECURE your site BEFORE you wish you had! Use plugins by COLOSSAL MIND!
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:37 am »

Great stuff!!! First I have to have the courage updating to 3.6 something.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:56:46 am »

Great stuff!!! First I have to have the courage updating to 3.6 something.

It should work with JJB v 3.5 as well. I am quite sure. But I recommend 3.6.

umgola77
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »

Hi Peter ,

Having trouble installing google adsense with the plugin

it works for 5 minutes then just dissapears

when i open the plugin config the adsense and analytics code is gone

Peter
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 02:30:12 am »

Oh, interesting. Something is deleting the Adsense code from config.php.

Can you give me your JJB version number?

ALSO, what other plugins have you enabled?

One possible reason is that some other plugin (being faulty) deletes the code (settings) from config.php. Not only that, the culprit is deleting all the settings of everything else (not just for the Adsense Manager).

I am using AdsenseManager on JJB 3.6.1 and have no problems.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:12:36 am by Peter » Logged

umgola77
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:40 am »

Hi Peter,

i am using the latest version of the jamit software,

i think the problem is that i updated in google chrome browser instead of moxilla firefox, its happened this morning again when i changed the users online plugin the website just crashed

the following error shows on the site "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home7/freecal1/public_html/nijobseeker/config.php on line 273"

Peter
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:38 pm »

Umgola,

OK, so you have Job Board version 3.6.

What plugins are you using? What plugins have you enabled? -- This is important to know, because I think with 95% certainty that your problem is caused by some other plugin (not by the Adsense Manager).

..... the following error shows on the site "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home7/freecal1/public_html/nijobseeker/config.php on line 273"...

Also, the above error looks like your config.php file is corrupted. This must have happened most likely because of a bad plugin.

I think I had something similar happen to me and this is what I did (if I can remember right):
1.) Upload new config.php to your server (overwite the old one). Make sure you remember your SQL passwords etc.!!!
2.) Run the install again, enter the SQL information (password, database name).

umgola77
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 02:58:05 pm »

Hi Peter,

i think there maybe conflict between adsense plugin and careerjet

has anyone else had this problem
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 03:05:25 am »

OK, I just installed and enabled CreerJet (and Adsense Manager) and so far am having no problems. If I find any problems, I will let you know.

wineguy
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »

I too am having trouble with the Adsense plugin on www.winejob.com. Both on install 3.6.1 and the new 3.6.5 upgrade. It worked for about 15 minutes and then I was shown a error message saying that the config.php file was in error. I reloaded a new config.php file and reinstalled and it was OK for a little bit again and then bam , my whole site was inaccessable even the admin dash board. Reinstalled both again removing the Adsense plugin and it is running fine . But I really want the Adsense and Analytics as during the few minutes it was working I had 21 page views recorded and $1.94 in Adsense earnings, COOL. I think I could generate about $10-$15 a day and that sure would help keep the site running and improving.

While I was looking in the plugins file I noticed that several plugins were preloaded with 3.6.5, are they the possible cause of the problem/interference with the Adsense plugin?

Jamit Jobs Filler
CareerJet Partner
Online Users
Stats Box

None have been activated and we don't plan on using any of them. Should I delete them from the plugins file and just leave the Adsense plugin there?

This all make me a little wary of any of the plugins, and we used to have the CMS plugin operating and would like to add it to the site again. Just a little wary.

Help!

Cheers!

WineGuy
wineguy
Jammers

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 06:33:02 pm »

This plugin is unusable, I just tried to activate it again, looked like it was working. When I went back into the plugin to configure a different Adsense banner size, I pasted the new Adsense code into the approviate header and footer fields , hit save and it gave me this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/winejob/public_html/config.php on line 267

My site does not resolve now and when you go to www.winejob.com the error shows as:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/winejob/public_html/config.php on line 267

What the heck is going on, it always points back to a problem with the config.php file. According to the installation instructions the permissions for that file are to be :

- config.php must be writeable. (chmod 666)

This is starting to be very painful!!

WineGuy
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:56 am »

This plugin is unusable, I just tried to activate it again, looked like it was working. When I went back into the plugin to configure a different Adsense banner size, I pasted the new Adsense code into the approviate header and footer fields , hit save and it gave me this error:

My site does not resolve now and when you go to www.winejob.com the error shows as:

What the heck is going on, it always points back to a problem with the config.php file. According to the installation instructions the permissions for that file are to be :

- config.php must be writeable. (chmod 666)

This is starting to be very painful!!

WineGuy

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. (Welcome to the world of web development!)

Something has happened to your config.php file. This file is very IMPORTANT. Best practice is to always make a backup copy of this file (when the website is working flawlessly).

I have also ran into situations when the file config.php became corrupted. If I didn't have backup copy of the config.php, I had to reinstall Job Board (just running the install script).

Well, I am looking into the problem now. I haven't heard any other complaints and I surely have no problem with this plugin on my site.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:57:23 am by Peter » Logged

wineguy
Jammers

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:06 am »

Peter,

Each time I have had the same problem I uploaded a fresh config.php file and did a reinstall. I even upgraded to 3.6.5 .

You say that no one else had had a problem but I am reading that umgola77  had an almost identical problem and error message? Only difference was his problem was on line 273. He is using version 3.6 and i am using 3.6.5 . So is there possibly an incompatability with 3.6 and higher?

I have now opted NOT to use that plugin til things are more stable and have manually inserted the Adsense code which I will also do for the Google analytics.

WineGuy
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:48 am »

Chris,

It might seem like I am ignoring you, but I am not.

Job Board is a very complex script which works together with other complex plugins that have been developed by more than 1 person. Finding a bug can sometimes take a very long time.

I have made an inquiry with Adam to see why the config.php becomes corrupted.

As I said, I am using the Adsense Manager with JB v 3.6.1 and I am having no problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter

Peter
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 12:24:54 am »

My apologies to Chris and all....

I think I found the bug in the Adsense Manager. Today I fixed it and added more features and improvements, released in version 0.93.

The new feature is that you can use this plugin to insert RSS link into your pages as well.

Please update your ADSENSE MANAGER to version 0.93.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: