Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2020, 06:39:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,681,300 Members
Latest Member: Superchipsncc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  File Upload
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: File Upload  (Read 4083 times)
steve
Jammers

« on: December 09, 2010, 09:03:19 pm »

I added a field to my employers job posting form that allows them to upload their companies application. This way a candidate can download it, fill it out by hand, and then fax it back.

Well, an employer did just that. It shows as a link to a PDF file. I clicked on the link to download the application for testing purposes and I got the dreaded "Internal Server Error". I looked at the link and tried to find the actual file to see if it existed on the server using smartftp. I couldn't find the file.

Any suggestions?
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:02:17 am »

Check the file permissions, the best thing would be to first check your access log, if you are on Cpanel hosting in your control panel you will find access logs their, or u can ssh and download apache logs to see the error details.

Once you post the error here, maybe we can help you a bit.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 02:23:37 am »

I removed it from the form. I don't want to deal with it now. I'm setting up a new job site so I will experiment with it a bit before I go live. I will bring the issue up at a later time.
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 02:07:26 am »

You should have done this before, never scare your users away by displaying them error messages.

Regards.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 09:03:05 pm »

The good thing is my boards don't have so much activity that I'm gonna scare off a substantial amount of users. The 2nd good thing is that I found it happening with the resumes as well. It seems the /upload folder needs to have a CHMOD of 755 and not 777.

I haven't tried what I was trying originally (read first post) yet so I can't say it fixed that problem either.
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

Having less number of users and low activity is not a Good thing, you should infact work on increasing the user activity more.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 01:48:09 am »

Having less number of users and low activity is not a Good thing, you should infact work on increasing the user activity more.
I agree. It is not a good thing, but for the sake of the situation it is a good thing.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: