Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2019, 03:05:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,562,229 Members
Latest Member: Pouringzbv
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  Configuration
| | |-+  Resume Spamming
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Resume Spamming  (Read 3980 times)
steve
Jammers

« on: July 28, 2009, 05:09:48 pm »

I run a free job site. Employers are able to view resumes. I want to keep the site completely free so I have opted not to turn on the resume billing. I have it set so that an employer must post a job to see resumes.

Here is my problem. People are signing up for an employer account, posting a job and then they go through and send a spammy e-mail through the board to each candidate with a resume. How do I prevent this? I looked to see if I could turn off resume access. That option is not available. I'd like to set it so an employer must request access to a resume from the candidate alone. Is there an option I missed?

Thanks
Steve
Sergio
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:11:33 pm »

There is an option in the Main Config -> Accounts & Permissions -> Employer accounts need to be activated? -> Yes - Employers need to be manually activated before they can view resumes for free (If subscriptions are disabled).

Maybe this can help you to reduce that, but I think you shoud disable online application as well if you want to avoid spammers, because when someone applies for a job the employer get the candidate's email, too.

Another thing I asked Adam is try to replace the '@' symbol with the image in the application manager.

Sergio.
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:01 pm »

There is an option in the Main Config -> Accounts & Permissions -> Employer accounts need to be activated? -> Yes - Employers need to be manually activated before they can view resumes for free (If subscriptions are disabled).

Maybe this can help you to reduce that, but I think you shoud disable online application as well if you want to avoid spammers, because when someone applies for a job the employer get the candidate's email, too.

Another thing I asked Adam is try to replace the '@' symbol with the image in the application manager.

Sergio.

To "Sergio" , If I were right to understand your requirement to replace @ symbol with an image, an option in the bottom of your main configuration is available already. This must solve your purpose I believe.
lotsofjobs
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 01:39:10 am »

Another thing that we do in the main config is to:  Only allow access to resumes  to employers who have posted a job.
Normally, it is the scammers who post a fake job to in order to farm the resume database.  It gets kind of funny as sometimes while both parties are online, we will delete them as an employer 3 or 4 times in a row, then they usually think that the site is messed up.
Sergio
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:46:44 am »

To dotmagic:

Thanks for your help. I know about that option and it is enable. The point is that the '@" symbol is not replaced with the image in 'My Applicantions' (candidate section) or in the 'Application Manager' (employer section), and they can be easily collected but any who wants to do spam.
TxConx
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:22:45 pm »

I had a similar problem, only the spammer was using the resume information to apply for jobs! I'm not quite sure what they thought would happen in the end, since they eventually needed the cooperation of the person whose resume identity they'd stolen, but it caused me a lot of problems when I first launched my job board and I had to do a lot of dancing to regain credibility.

Until I was able to start charging to access to resumes, I manually gave access to them. Anyone who wanted resume access had to complete an employer profile and give me a phone number. If it was a company I wasn't familiar with (very niche-specific job board - I like to think I know everyone!), I'd call them up.

I couldn't block the spammer's overseas IP range because there are legitimate businesses and employees in that country.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: