Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 09:30:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,413,254 Members
Latest Member: cvrbetuy
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  XML Import / XML Export help
| | |-+  xml import from a job board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: xml import from a job board  (Read 9696 times)
steve
Jammers

« on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:50 pm »

I have used the indeed backfill plugin but I don't like it. Instead I want to import the jobs from Indeed so they are displayed as a job so that when someone clicks on the job it takes them to an actual page on my site that gives the description and all that... and then from there they are given instructions on where to apply.

Has anyone done this successfully? Does anyone know how to do this? I have been trying to figure it out for hours but am having little success.

Thanks
Steve
csx
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 06:30:07 am »

Steve,

Were you able to figure this out?  I have the same question.

Thanks to all who respond
steve
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »

No, I haven't.

There is a plugin that does it but it goes through that jobg8 website that collects my candidates information. I don't want to refer my candidates to another job site. It took a long time to gather them.

I don't think I'll find what I'm looking for.
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:28:02 am »

Hello steve,

I have been in touch with jobg8 and now seriously considering to start working with them? Have you integrated your job board with jobg8?
I would be glad to hear from someone that it works flawlessly with Jamit.

Thank you.

steve
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:30 am »

I haven't been in touch with them. I do have a concern, though. My impression is that the jobseeker viewing their jobs on my site will be redirected to their site, and then the jobseeker will need to sign up on the jobg8 site. When this happens, then the jobseeker will now be on their mailing list and my site will become useless to the jobseeker.
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:29 am »

Generally no. The application get forwarded by email. There are jobs like that, but for these types you can opt-in or out.
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:48 am »

I will let you know how it worked out.
whitecollarjobsite
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:36:17 am »

For those interested in working with Jobg8, I have worked with them for the last 18 months and have had no issues with their services and the jjb. If you can, talk with Hope Ciccone at Jobg8 when it comes to answers about setting up to work with their system. She really helped me a lot and went above and beyond to make sure our secure code worked correctly before going live with them.

Also, once you get going with them, they do send out the checks right on time every time for both their listings to your site and using their pay for performance portal  Smiley

@Steve - You set up jobg8 as an employer this way all the jobs from their feed can be viewed and applied to via your site. The employer is then sent an email with the application information.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:41:35 am by whitecollarjobsite » Logged
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:13 am »

I signed up with them and so far the integration goes smoothly. However we haven't started the real import yet.

szabcsee
http://www.lingojob.com
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »

I have gone through the site- jobg8. Their site seems to be quite confusing. Could not understand what type of feed they actually provide.  They are talking about many thing - Application source, Job source etc... quite confusing....Can any one please explain if they have got the clarity about their services.

Also, what are their charges to provide xml feed?

Thanks in advance...

steve
Jammers

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 01:44:32 am »

Is there anyone using this who wouldn't mind sharing a URL so I can see how it looks and works.

Thanks
Steve
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 06:26:46 am »

Hello Guys,

They actually provide all the options that are possible for jamit and I went for the posting via web service. It is pretty simple, you set up your feed, they provide their default, than they give you an excel sheet where you do your matching and then they will post.

@shilgupt as soon as you get in touch them you get a very clear documentation about how it works. Their website is definitely not much help.

@steve I don't have URL (only lingojob one ) but I can give you some details how it's implemented also the other import types.
steve
Jammers

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 02:21:49 am »

All i'm looking for it to do is to populate my board with relevant posts. I want my visitors to stay on my site and not be redirected to another site. I depend on adsense for my income. The more visitors, the better for me. I don't want to pay for posts to be put on my job board. I'm not looking to charge for posts, either. I just want job postings that bring in candidates who will click on my adsense ads.  Grin
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 12:13:28 pm »

@whitecollarjobs Do you work with web service import with jobg8? How did you solve the response.xml problem?

I have opened a new topic for this as I think it is quite important and should be included in Jamit jobboard.
http://forum.jamit.com/index.php?topic=1331.0
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 01:26:48 pm »

I hope you can help me. I'm trying to import some jobs via web service and get stuck with one category:

Code:
<Country ValueID="102">268</Country>

Here the ValueID is the sender's ID, 268 is my category ID on Jamit and the category is in two languages Germany and Németország.

and I get an error in the import log:

Wed, 2 Nov 2011 14:58:02 +0000 - Skipping record because the system failed to match the category for Ország - :[Germany] was not on your system. Form_id:1

Anyone can advise me?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: