Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2019, 04:35:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,554,120 Members
Latest Member: stopblack
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  expired posts disappeared
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: expired posts disappeared  (Read 3017 times)
Amjad
Global Moderator

« on: August 08, 2009, 06:11:06 pm »

Hi all,
Two days ago i noticed that all expired posts are disappeared from all job categories,and they r not listed in the job list.i just can see them in the employer accounts (offline,expired,not approved ) in the post manager.

i set all jobs to be expired after 16 days but during the last 6 months when i firstly launched the website ,nothin happened like this .
i changed when the job post expired to 90 days but nothin changed.

Note : the last change i did to the main config is i activated the cron job to be run automatically every five mins.

Anyone has an idea about whats goin on?and how can i make jobs appear again in the front page and job list .more than 1900 job posts disappeared suddenly!!!! Sad

Regards,
Amjad
dotmagic
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 06:48:44 pm »

Two days ago i noticed that all expired posts are disappeared from all job categories,and they r not listed in the job list.i just can see them in the employer accounts (offline,expired,not approved ) in the post manager.

All job posts will disappear from the front end after they expire. Thats what has happened. It will be in employers account as expired post and will purge later.

To make it all appear again you have to bump posts from your admin. If you bump today it will have its start date from today and will expire in 90 days if u have set it for 90 days in you main config.

Looks like your system is working very fine.

Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 05:46:18 am »

Hi dotmagic,

thnx for ur response,surely im not crazy to repost them again ,they r expired at all,i just was wonderin why this happened two days ago not when they really expired

again thnx alot

Amjad
Adam
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 09:44:26 am »

Hi, it may be because you activated the cron job. The cron job runs in the background and expires old posts, sends out email and other housekeeping.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: