Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2021, 05:14:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,786,796 Members
Latest Member: ElijahBoli
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Purge Expired Post (database, SEO)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Purge Expired Post (database, SEO)  (Read 4771 times)
szabcsee
Jammers

« on: February 28, 2011, 10:52:56 am »

Hello All,

I haven't used yet the Purge Expired post function but I can see currently (expired) job ads posted by an employer if I check their profile page. I would like to know what is this 'purge expired posts' exactly does. It erase the posts completely from the database? They will not be accessible at all (or users can still find them as they are indexed by Google)? Or if they can be found is it stated that they are expired? They will disappear from the search if I expire them? Does it give any relief to the database (and speed) if I purge the expired posts?

Thanks for your help in advance.  Wink

szabcsee
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:34:36 am »

Purge expired posts means deleting all expired posts completely from DB and they will no longer be available in your db and  search engines ,
i personally dont recommend purging expired posts as they still drive traffic to your website from search engines UNLESS you have limited storage and you need free space

regards
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:40:17 am »

Thank you Amjad, that is clear now. It is indeed very bad for SEO to purge them. In this case my question is why do I still see the expired jobs listed under the employers profile? And is it stated somewhere on the ads that they are expired?
steve
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:38:20 am »

Yes. if you view one of the posts you will see that it states the post is expired. I went in and changed the color of the font to red so it was more evident that the posts are expired.
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:38:40 am »

Thanks Steve
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:00 am »

Probably I don't get them expired because of my broken Hourly cron job. Somehow they do not expire on my site.
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 06:10:29 pm »

I don't know if anyone noticed the terrible bug (or it's just in 3.5.7) that you lose all your stats when you purge expired jobs. These are real business killer bugs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: