Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 04, 2021, 07:18:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,790,324 Members
Latest Member: Flinthix
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Jamit Hacked
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jamit Hacked  (Read 6041 times)
jaffri
Jammers

« on: September 09, 2011, 07:22:05 am »

My jamit powered site has been hacked and a large number of php files have been injected with malicious code.

Has anyone else experienced this and what is the best way forward to fix the issue and plug the hole from where the code came in the first place?

I am on 3.6.8.

jaffri
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:25:57 pm »

By the way, you dont see any change in behavior of the website. The first sign of trouble was when a employer rang me and told me that she can not download the CVs properly.

When I checked, the CV file was injected with bad content. And almost all files were. Then I checked the jamit script files and they all had bad content right at the start of the php files.
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:34:26 pm »

Did you contact Adam?
keep us updated with your issue

BR,
Amjad
jaffri
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:37:53 am »

No Amjad.

I wish Adam could bring back the responsiveness to support tickets he used to give in previous years. I don't mind using few credits if the response time is guaranteed to deal with critical issues.

For those of us who take their jamit sites seriously, it is a matter of bread and butter. If the site is not working properly, clients are complaining and we stand to loose money.

I opened a critical ticket on 27 Jan 2011 and to-date he has not responded to it. Another person tried to fill-in on his behalf and all he could advise me was to upgrade to 3.6.11. Thats not a very satisfying treatment for a critical issue.

Another Critical ticket was opened on 21 Feb 2011 and remained unresolved till end of July, after which I simply stopped checking the support area. Only today I notice that Adam had posted a question in August.

My several emails and skype attempt to get "some" response remained fruitless.

Therefore I did not even bother to go to the support area and simply can to the forum wondering if someone else had similar issues.

We all see change of circumstances in life and therefore it is completely understandable that Adam might have become more busy than he used to be in 2009, 2010. All I expect is that there should clarity and communication. I know that there is no large, well-funded corporation behind Jamit. If he feels that the current schedule of credits for different category of issues was a financially bad idea, please revise it. Its a very attractive bait while selling the script, but needs delivery of service down the road.

At one point there was talk of making Jamit open-source but then it all vanished.

I repeat, I will be the first person to agree to paid support that has guaranteed response time. If someone is in touch with Adam, please convey this to him.

Cheers!

Raza
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 07:45:22 am »

Raza,
I fully understand your issue ,may you please provide me with your website in pm,i'll contact Adam .he used to responed to my emails within 1 business day .

BR,
Amjad
steve
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:14:18 am »

As for your malicious code problem I want to offer up a solution. I don't know if it pertains to your situation.

A while back I thought my site had been hacked. I had malicious code in my websites. I found out that my computer had gotten a virus which looked for FTP usernames and passwords. It found them and then uploaded the bad code to my websites. I don't know how it does it but it did. Anyway, I had to completely clean my computer. I then had to go to a different computer one that is unaffected, login to my websites and change the passwords so if the virus was still on my computer it wouldn't be able to find the new passwords. Then I uploaded a clean jamit job board. You may want to change your passwords first just so the dang thing doesn't have access.

I also believe the virus e-mailed the usernames/passwords to someone. I had web pages uploaded to my websites that were starting to show up around the internet. I even made the list on one of those websites that points out spammy websites. The web pages that they were uploading were pharmacy pages.

It was a lot of work. You have to basically rebuild your website(s). Make sure that you backup your database first just in case you have to delete the whole website. I didn't have to but if worse comes to worse, deleting it and reinstalling a new job board might be the quickest and safest option.

Oh... and most important... pay for a good anti-virus program. The free ones do a good job but they don't give you the BEST protection which is what you want.

Good luck and let us know.
Steve
Imran
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:44 am »

Hi, Can you check in each folder index.php or .html content

Make sure in the end of the page there isnt any code that looks like encoded/encrypted.

make ur server/website account more secured, look at the file and folder permissions carefully assign permissions with care.
Peter
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:11:12 am »

My jamit powered site has been hacked and a large number of php files have been injected with malicious code.

Has anyone else experienced this and what is the best way forward to fix the issue and plug the hole from where the code came in the first place?

I am on 3.6.8.

This could happen only if your server has incorrect permissions.

Jamit Job Board Admin panel has functions for checking permissions and recommending what needs to be changed. In addition, the free plugin "Security Tools" also checks for wrong permissions and makes suggestions.

Chances are that you also use a host that gives you a poorly set up server. FYI, I am using GoDaddy and I must say their security settings are impeccable!

SECURE your site BEFORE you wish you had! Use plugins by COLOSSAL MIND!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: