Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2021, 02:10:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,787,671 Members
Latest Member: seopackage
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Forgot Password email is not processed immediately
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Forgot Password email is not processed immediately  (Read 4223 times)
shilgupt
Jammers

« on: December 09, 2009, 07:36:14 am »

Hi All,

I am facing the issue that when a user clicks on "Forgot Password" link then "Rest Password" mail is not being processed immediately. It is taking more than 1 hour to reach user's inbox, depending on number of mails present in queue.

Yesterday, I received a complaint from one of the customer that even "Successful Signup" mail was received in his inbox after about 2 hours.

It means that not only "Reset Password" but "Successful Signup" mail is also not getting processed immediately.

I understand than all emails sent by the sytem are queued and sent one by one.
I also understand that some emails like "Forgot Password", "Successful Signup" etc are supposed to be send immediately without waiting in queue.

But, emails sent for "Forgot Password" and "Successful Signup" were also queued and getting dispatched when its turn comes, which is taking more than one hour to deliver in customer's inbox. This is making Employers going away from jobboard if in case they forget password, and donot receive Reset Password mail for hours.

Below is the mail settings that I have done in Main Config...

Send emails per batch 25 (enter a number > 0)
On error, retry times before giving up. 5 (recommened: 5)
On error, wait at least minutes before retry. 10 (10 minutes recommended)
Keep sent emails for days. 0 (0 = keep forever)

Please advice if others are also facing the same issue. If there is anything needs to be done in settings, then please advise.

Thanks in advance.

S Gupta

Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 05:21:19 am »

Hi ,
is the cron job set set to run every 5 mins?

also when emails sent make sure that your emails are not deferred by yahoo.om,gmail.om.....etc in this case it may take hours to reach inbox

Regards,
Amjad
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 11:46:13 am »

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, cron job is set to run every 5 mins. Also mail throttling is done in such a way that 25 mails are processed in one batch. For example, suppose there are 1000 mails in queue, when a user clicks on "Forgot Password" link. In this case mail that need to be sent to user for "Reset Password" is also sitting in queue and is getting dispatched after all 1000 mails are cleared. In this example, it will take (1000/25)*5 = 200 mins i.e. 3 hrs and 20 mins for "Reset Password" mail to get dispatched.

Ideally, Forgot Password and New Account Creation mails should be dispatched imediately, without waiting for queue to clear. That is not happening. This is making users go away fro my job board, if they forget the password and not getting the Reset Password mail immediately.

The issue of yahoo / hot mail will come only after mail is dispatched from jobboard. But that itself is dispatching after clearing the queue.

Please advice.

Below is the mail settings that I have done in Main Config...

Keep sent emails for days. 0 (0 = keep forever)

CompuDave
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:52 pm »

Not sure if this relates to your problem but this is something I experienced a few months back.

This happened to me when I played with the settings (number of emails sent). I was changing this daily so that I sent different amount each day. While I was doing this I had the same problem. I now send a set amount each day and the problem had gone.
shilgupt
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 12:54:22 pm »

Hi Compudave,

I have changed my email settings (in admin panel under Main Config..) only once, that was about couple of months back.
I am not sure if this issue came up after changing the settings or it was existing earlier as well.  Ideally changing the settings should not introduce this issue.
However I request if you can share your settings then I will try to put same settings and will see if that works. My current email settings is as below -

Keep sent emails for days. 0 (0 = keep forever

I have also raised this issue as support ticket. Adam has identified this as bug and has informed that this bug will be fixed in coming release.

Thanks again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: