Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2021, 02:44:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 27th, 2009 - Jamit Software Launches the forum today!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,787,674 Members
Latest Member: vfyzigwpup
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  Help with Main Config
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with Main Config  (Read 5671 times)
Pcbyrne
Jammers

« on: March 17, 2010, 04:37:37 pm »

Hi Guys, having a problem here, my host blue host had us update and change our passwords to make them stronger, when doing so, the site dissapeared and we could not get into the admin panel. Okay we contaed the host we fixed it by creating a new user in the database.

Good news site is back up,a nd we can log into the admin control panel, bad new is when I click on Main Config in the Configuration section I get this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at webmedicalcareers.org Port 80

Can anyone help or know how to fix this, I am not an expert here so getting frustrating.

thanks

Paul.
lee
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »

Did you make a backup of your database or did you upload a fresh Jamit board  to a new database
Pcbyrne
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:55:58 pm »

Actually what happened the host server company made it mandatory to change to a new password for everyone, we did and thats when our trouble started.
We were able to go in on the FTP and change the passwords and that allowed us to get into the admin panel, but as I mentioned above it will not let us into the one section, MIAN CONFIG
I  have searched the config.php fiels and admin and cannot find what is wrong.
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:04:08 am »

If you changed the database password, then you have to change it in the config as well. Otherwise, you will have failed connections. You can open up the config.php file and change it there and save it. That should hopefully fix your problem of not being able to get into Main Config. Are you able to get into other sections of the config - List Employers, List Candidates, Price Admin, etc?
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:01 am »

I agree with screenmates,it seems u changed the db password.u need to change it from the config file.
by the way i dont know why u encountered these problems ,Bluehost just enforced its customers to change their cpanel pawword not more and this change should not affect ur site,
im running of my job site on bluehost servers and changed the password as they asked and everythin was well!!!
Pcbyrne
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:27:51 pm »

HI Screenmates yes I did change in the config.php and that got us back in, and to answer yes I am able to get into all the other sections, like list employesr, list candidtes all of them except that one Main Config as soon as I click on this I get the error as noted below.

thanks Guys
screenmates
Jammers

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 02:59:51 am »

You did not give the error message. You seem to be able to connect to the database with no problems.

If you have a little PHP knowledge, you could do line-by-line debugging placing echo statements and running the app to see where is it bombing. Maybe, some permissions got screwed up so that it cannot read some files or write to some folders/files such as cache, lang, rss, config, etc.

Post the error message - it could be a vague message as well.
Pcbyrne
Jammers

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 06:12:00 pm »

Hi Screenmates here is what I get when I click main config:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: