Jamit Software Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2021, 02:39:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
May 5th, 2010 - Jamit Software Launches the Market!
3,080 Posts in 791 Topics by 1,813,725 Members
Latest Member: LeonRom
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Jamit Software Forum
|-+  Jamit Job Board Customers
| |-+  User-to-User Support
| | |-+  MySQL/speed problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MySQL/speed problems  (Read 4440 times)
szabcsee
Jammers

« on: January 29, 2011, 10:45:39 am »

Dear All,

I would like to ask for your help as It seems the support for jamit is not available anymore. I have job board now with quite a good traffic (around 16k/month according to analytics) and some incredible lag. The MYSQL often sends the message that it's gone away. After a few pages it goes on an endless loop. I don't know what can be the problem. My hosting states that everything is finely configured and it should be fine.

About the job board.
It's still 3.5.7 version, two languages, with cache on and modrewrite. The job posting form has I think the default fields, the resume fields are a bit more (with extra language fields). There is not much activity currently in the cv database. Emulated cron.

If you have any idea or can help me, please do so. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

szabcsee

the site is:
www.lingojob.com
there is a blog:
blog.lingojob.com with the same hosting and it does not seem to have speed problems.
promotionbox.de
Jammers

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »

I tried to enter your site and got just the frontpage. I wanted to switch to English but not possible - timeout error After 90 seconds. Please check out if there is maybe a hacking attempt to your server and slows down the MySQL speed.

Bye,
Thorsten

---
promotion:box | clever. smart. friendly.
www.promotionbox.de
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:57:34 pm »

Hello promotionbox,

Thanks for checking out. Definitely not a hacking attempt. This morning the site was quite quick. I don't know if this is because of the hosting or the script load or the traffic.

I would like to know what is the highest traffic load people used jamit boards with and how complicated a category list can get before causing speed problems in the database.

I don't think that mine is too complicated with the additional 2-3 categories and also the 16-20k monthly traffic is nothing outstanding. So I think it should not be a problem for the board.

I was also thinking maybe the cron emulation....

Thanks for trying to help me.
Amjad
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 09:30:56 pm »

Hi,
It's not JJB traffic ,i have more than 280,000 /monthly and cron emulation runs smoothly,and everything is ok ,i think its hosting problem

BR
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »

Thanks Amjad for letting me know. At least I'm happy than JJB can support high volume traffic. How are your categories? Can you give me a link to your site?

Maybe MYSQL configuration then. I have no idea.  Huh
szabcsee
Jammers

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:49:07 am »

FYI: I found the bug and it happened to be something with the cron simulation. This caused the whole thing run on an endless loop.
Now I set up the cron but in this way the housekeeping cron does not run but I don't see that it cause any trouble.

I hope that with the 3.6.8 update I will resolve this issue.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: